SOME SNAP SHOTS OF EVERY DAY EVENTS FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO LIVE SO FAR AWAY.


Sunday, September 23, 2012

TOMATO FIGHT!

One of my bucket list items was to participate in
Tomatina.
I decided a few months that I was going to do it this year
which would have been held on the last week of August.
I googled the event 
but after looking at pictures and videos
decided that I actually didn't want to do it anymore.
(mostly cause it was way to many people and most of them looked like drunk men...not really my cup of tea)
I have to say I was a little disappointed
because it sounded like so much
silly fun. 
A friend contacted me and told me that 
they were having a tomato fight in a city near me.
I was all over it and bought tickets right away.
Hubby was shocked to hear that he was participating too 
(Ha, Ha, the things I drag my poor hubby into).

The first picture is of us right before the event. 
I bought a waterproof disposable camera so the pics aren't that great.

Here is the huge pile of tomatoes
being heavily protected by a fence and 6 security guards.

Check out all the flying tomatoes 

Watch out Nigie

I think he dumped all those on my head












Hubby had had enough at this point
since his eyes were stinging.





It sure was an awesome time!!!
Loooved it!!
We reeked so jumped in the lake to wash off a bit
but the security guard came to kick us out.
We went home and took a long shower.
I washed my hair 4 times to get all the tomato out
but we kept finding pieces of tomato the next day.
No tomatina for me but this sure was a great substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment